wFaster To Any Size Disaster
As a water damage expert, are you located in Miami?:
Yes, when it comes to water damage cleanup, we are located in the heart of Miami, easy access to the Turnpike and Florida State Roads 826 and 836. This means that we can be onsite to any job faster. Water damage and mold tend to come hand-in-hand. There are over 114 water damage restoration companies in Miami. The best decision is to call ServiceMaster by Alpha Restoration, your local water damage restoration expert.
Is water damage restoration covered by my insurance policy?:
Your homeowner policy most likely covers water damage that can be caused by leaky appliances, burst pipes, flood, sewage backup, and more.
What are the sources of water damage?:
Water damage in home or business can come from something as obvious as a washing machine overflow, burst pipes or hurricane to something not as obvious such as a water leak from your ceiling or windows. Do not ignore any signs of water damage.
For water restoration or cleanup, what steps can I take?
- Leave the water damage cleanup and repair to water damage cleanup companies. Only hire a certified water and mold damage cleanup company.
- Call ServiceMaster by Alpha Restoration 305-899-1600 immediately. Bacteria growth from water damage in Miami or the South Florida area can begin within hours.
- Remove as much water as possible by mopping and blotting
- Remove wet area rugs or other floor coverings.
- Lift draperies off the floor, loop through a coat hanger and place the hanger on the drapery rod.
- Wipe furniture, prop up wet furniture cushions for even drying and place aluminum foil under furniture legs.
- Move photos, paintings and art objects to a safe, dry location.
- Do not remove books from shelves. Rather pack them tightly to prevent warping of pages until a restoration professional, such as ServiceMaster by Alpha Restoration, can begin this specialized drying.
- Open drawers, closet and cabinet doors to enhance drying.
When you have Water Damage, you should NOT DO the following:
- Do not enter a room with standing water until electricity has been turned off.
- Do not use a regular household vacuum to remove water.
- Do not lift tacked-down carpet without professional help.
- Do not use electrical appliances while on wet carpet or flooring.
- Do not disturb visible mold.