The US Fire Administration provides a lot of statistics on fire frequency, cause of fires, and injures. Thus, we highly recommend that you contact us immediately if you are working or living in the presence of smoke, typically from the result of fire damage.
I live in Miami and I have fire and smoke damage. Why should I call ServiceMaster by Alpha Restoration?:
It is important that you rely on a quality restoration company that has been in the business for over 60 years, and that’s ServiceMaster. We are here to restore your property back to its original condition, from removing the smoke and odor to rebuilding the property. We provide everything, including the cleanup process.
We are a fire damage restoration company and we respond immediately in helping you reduce your losses and immediately return your home and/or business back to normalcy from fire and smoke damage. We specialize in reconstruction and restoration of charred, smoked, and damaged goods. we are experts at effectively salvaging your belongings, using patented chemically specific solutions throughout the fire recovery process.
Is fire damage covered by my insurance provider?:
Yes. We can go over your insurance policy and explain what damages/losses are covered by your insurance provider.
A restoration company showed up unannounced, must I use their services?:
No. Some restoration companies listen to emergency radio services. Thus, they are aware of your fire damage when the fire department is notified. South Florida has perhaps over 300 restoration companies. We recommend that you work only with a ServiceMaster restoration company or an equivalent company. Again, ServiceMaster has been in the business of disaster restoration for over 6o years and we have a lasting relationship with insurance companies and their clients.
What immediate steps should I take?:
The steps below are general steps to take. The steps will vary depending on the severity of the emergency, people involved (e.g., children, elderly), type of facility (e.g., school, office, home, vehicle), and location. Several helpful resources are available, such as http://www.ready.gov/home-fires and http://www.usfa.fema.gov/data/statistics/
- If you believe there could be fire, dial 911 to speak to an emergency operator.
- Next, call ServiceMaster by Alpha Restoration 305-899-1600. We will discuss contacting your insurance provider to
set up a claim.
- If the temperature is above 60 degrees, air out the house to reduce smoke odor.
- Clean formica, chrome, porcelain and aluminum fixtures to prevent permanent tarnishing or etching.
- Change the air filter on your furnace if it uses forced hot air.
- Tape damp cheesecloth over returns and supply registers to capture loose soot in the air.
- Discard any open food packages.
- If the electricity is off, clean out the refrigerator and leave doors propped open.
- Send clothing with heavy smoke damage to a qualified restoration dry cleaner.
What NOT to DO:
- Do not touch anything. Oil from your hands can permeate upholstery, walls and woodwork, causing additional damage.
- Do not wash walls. Incorrect cleaning could compound the soot residue.
- Do not attempt to clean carpets or upholstered furniture.
- Do not use electrical appliances until having them checked.
- Do not use ceiling fixtures if the ceiling is wet.