Summer: A Time to Appreciate Air Conditioning
The relentless summer heat definitely makes us all appreciate air conditioning. It turns out that there is an official holiday to show thanks for this modern-day convenience; July 3 through August 15 are Air Conditioning Appreciation Days.
But running the air conditioning on high all summer long results in expensive energy bills. Help your company lower its energy bills with these ideas from Inc.com.
- Benchmark energy consumption so you’ll know your starting point.
- Recommission building systems to ensure they are running as designed.
- Conduct preventative maintenance to save on energy and labor.
- Consider cost-effective renovations such as changing lighting or reengineering the HVAC system.
- When building new facilities, educate yourself about the available green incentives.
To read the entire article, click here.
Boost Energy Savings with Air Duct Cleaning
According to the U.S. Department of Energy, 25-40% of the energy used for heating or cooling is wasted. Indoor air pollutants require an HVAC system to work harder to heat and cool a facility. Pollutants are pulled into the HVAC system and re-circulated an average of 5 to 7 times per day. Over time, this recirculation causes a build-up of pollutants in the duct work. Removing these pollutants help allow the HVAC system to work more efficiently and can result in energy savings.*
Indoor air pollutants can also aggravate health problems of employees who have respiratory conditions, autoimmune disorders or environmental allergies.
Having your company’s air ducts cleaned by ServiceMaster Clean® offers several other benefits including:
- reduced potential for mold growth
- extended HVAC equipment life
- a healthier environment for allergy sufferers
- removal of unpleasant odors
Call us today for a hassle-free, no-obligation estimate.